Friday, October 17, 2008

Timor-Leste

Ok, so I am no longer in Indonesia after my nasty encounter with a 400 pound iron gate. After two months trying to get better in Banda Aceh - which was a miserable failure, I spent the last four and a half months living with the lovely family in DC ... doctors, physical therapy and lots of really bad TV.

I arrived in Dili, East Timor yesterday about midday. I felt fine for the first several hours, although the back was a bit achy. I was desperately trying to stay awake to get adjusted to the time zone, but only made it to 8:00 pm. I did make a quick trip to the supermarket for a bottle of water and some spicy guacamole pringles. The exhaustion may have been helped on by watching the final presidential debate replay on CNN, but after some 40 hours of travel I probably deserved to be tired.

Today I was up nice and early and decided to take a few pictures. I am staying at a place across from the beach. Not the nicest place in town, but it will do for now.




No comments: