Thursday, June 7, 2007

Earthquake #1

I experienced my first Asian earthquake on Wednesday morning. I was asleep in bed when all of a sudden I felt that a cat had jumped on me. (Taco clearly made a lasting impact on me - I have the scratch on my chest to prove it). But alas it was just an earhquake, phew...

This is the notice from the local newspaper, translated into English:

Aceh was jolt by earthquake on Wednesday early morning -
Banda Aceh - Banda Aceh and some areas in Aceh Besar, again, was jolt by a 4.7 magnitude earthquake on Wed (6/6 early morning around 03.32 am. "According to the Head of Meteorology and Geophysical Agency in Banda Aceh, Syahnan, the epicentre of that earthquake was at 88Kms to the Southwest of Banda Aceh and was in 33 Kms inside the earth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi - let's not make a habit of such news until we lock in your Dad for a visit!